Do you mea...


Do you measure a liquid from the top or the bottom of the meniscus?

1 year ago


{{ replyCount }} Replies




Alanis Maggio

1 Reply

{{ replyCount }} Replies

Josephine Fu Best Answer!

Verified Sherpa Tutor

It depends on whether it is a concave or convex meniscus.

Textile Chemistry

For most liquid substances it is usually concave meniscus. So take reading at eye level (the green line) as below from the bottom of the meniscus.

Chemistry Glossary: Search results for 'parallax error'

Experienced Online Science and Math tutor Interested in booking a 1-1 lesson with me? Click here to view my profile and send me a message.

Got the answer? Help Alanis out.

Back To Chemistry Back To Chemistry GCSE Back To Topic
Alert Icon

Need help with Chemistry?

We have thousands of qualified teachers who are able to provide top quality lessons online. Find your tutor and set up your free introduction today!

Find a Chemistry Tutor