Question

Why is sulfur dioxide harmful?

1 year ago

·

1 Reply

·

1009 views

J

Joel Predovic


1 Reply

Sarah M Profile Picture
Sarah M Best Answer!

Verified Sherpa Tutor

Sulfur dioxide is a toxic gas which can combine with oxygen to form another harmful gas called sulfur trioxide. When this gas dissolves in water it produces sulphuric acid which can kill aquatic organisms but if inhaled by people it can cause respiratory irritation, asthma and lung damage in prolonged exposure.

A professional Science Tutor with over 15 years of experience.

Interested in booking a 1-1 lesson with me?

Click here to view my profile and send me a message.

Got the answer? Help Joel out.