Maths

>

A-Level

Statistical Sampling

Question

What percentile is the upper quartile?

3 years ago

·

8 Replies

·

1477 views

M

Mollie Schmeler


8 Answers

Leon T Profile Picture
Leon T Verified Sherpa Tutor ✓

Experienced Maths, Chemistry and Physics Tutor

75th percentile





I'm available for 1:1 private online tuition!

Click here to view my profile and arrange a free introduction.
D
David Odonnell

Upper quartile (75%)

M
Michael Sharman

This is the 75th Percentile, so it splits the highest 25% of the data from the other 75%.

Z
Zeinab Miyir

The percentile for the upper quartile also known as the third quartile is the 75th percentile. Quartile relates to quarter, therefore if you divide 100 by 4 or split 100% into 4 equal sections, you'll get 25 or 25%. Since we know the upper quartile is the third quartile, multiply 25 by 3 to get 75.

Shamim H Profile Picture
Shamim H Verified Sherpa Tutor ✓

Experienced Maths Teacher (16 yrs) & Examiner for 2 Major Exam Boards

29 reviews

75th Percentile

also

3rd Quartile.

I'm available for 1:1 private online tuition!

Click here to view my profile and arrange a free introduction.
S
Sana

Upper quartile is 75 percentile.

S
Saeed Assani

It is the 75th percentile and it is also called the median of the upper 50% of the data.

F
Faiz Tun

The 75th percentile.

Think you can help?

More Maths A-Level Questions
Sherpa Badge

Need an A-Level Maths tutor?

Get started with a free online introductions with an experienced and qualified online tutor on Sherpa.

Find an A-Level Maths Tutor